May 6, 2010

Intermezzo

I'm planning the second issue of PMS zine, but until I get something down on paper, I've been itching to make the most of my DIY material and continue making random stuff.
I had a cupcake recipe, so I went ahead and did it (see the yumminess overload pic below)

The 6-C's: Carrot Cake CupCakes with Cream Cheese (frosting). Recipe will be featured in The PMS Perzine #2
And I also had a Pringles box I was planning to turn into something, so I turned it into my DIY box (see my Grrrl Punk library shelf below).

The Grrrl Punk shelf features: Cobain Unseen, Kurt Cobain's Journals, Everything You Need to Know About the Riot Grrrl Movement, A Girl's Guide to Taking Over the World, Heavier Than Heaven (biography of Kurt Cobain), Cunt: A Declaration of Independence, Queer As Folk DVDs, Nirvana's Live Tonight Sold Out, Nirvana's Unplugged in New York, Nirvana's Live in Reading, Eve Ensler's Vagina Monologues and the book A Memory, a Monologue, a Rant and a Prayer. Plus my stoned Rosie the Riveter photo and my DIY box with a grrrlVIRUS flyer and a hand-made "chained in love" puppet. On the top right, you see a hand-made drawing of me and my guit (and my dog who is not visible), by my friend Anna.

This pic shows the same things as above, plus the other side of the DIY box with a wax molding of my mom's hand flashing metal horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment